Sunday, October 14, 2007
I made a start on a project recently. It is going to be a Christmas gift for a "very special person" (sorry, can't be sure how much time he spends spying on me online, so cannot be specific). I made a gauge test, calculated all measurements and proportions and, after a couple of days of prepping, I finally cast on. I worked the rib for a little while and than I realized that it will not fit him - instead it will fit me! So, I have gracefully accepted the sudden change of plans. He is still getting a sweater. I am not giving up so easily. (A good excuse to buy another lot of gorgeous Blue Sky Baby Alpaca :) Will be back with the pics. Meanwhile, be warned: GAUGE TESTS CAN BE FICKLE. It's hard to be reminded when one considers oneself to be a savvy knitter and well above these kinds of mishaps. Side effects are not too unpleasant in this particular case though.